Hinchinbrook MP, Andrew Cripps, has welcomed a new year funding boost for local community groups through the latest round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
Mr Cripps said eligible local community groups have received almost $250,000 from 2015’s first round of funding.
“I am proud of the hard working non-profit organisations in my electorate who provide services and community support to local residents,” Mr Cripps said.
“Whether it’s local sporting clubs, surf lifesavers or service groups, it’s important we continue to get behind those making a difference.”
Successful organisations within the Hinchinbrook electorate include:
- Bluewater Rural Fire Brigade – $25,984 – Purchase bobcat vehicle and trailer
- El Arish Country Club – $23,210 – Replace cool room
- Forrest Beach Surf Lifesaving Club Inc – $19,972 – Purchase all-terrain vehicle
- Hinchinbrook Community Support Centre – $30,205 – Construction of shed
- Ingham Dog Park Working Group – $31,818 – Establish dog park
- Ingham State High School P&C Assn – $31,818 – Construct shade structure
- Lower Herbert Halifax Lions Club Senior Citizens Village – $2,072 – Upgrade facility
- Silkwood Clay Target Club Inc – $17,583 – Purchase clay throwing machine
- Tully Motorcycle Club Inc – $35,000 – Construct storage shed
- Tully Nursing Home Inc – $17,190 – Replace air conditioning
- Tully Support Centre Inc – $9,592 – Upgrade equipment at youth centre
Mr Cripps said the quarterly grants allowed profits from gambling to be invested back into grass roots services and facilities that benefited people from all walks of life in the Hinchinbrook electorate.
“These grants can be the difference between keeping these important services in our area and going without,” he said.
“The next funding round opens on 21 January and closes at midnight on 28 February.
“I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for the next round of funding and make the most of this wonderful opportunity.”
For more information or to see a full list of recipients please visit http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/corporate/sponsorships-and-grants/grants/community-benefit-funding-programs/successful-funding-applications