Young Achievers are being given the opportunity to be recognised through the inaugural Queensland Young Achiever Awards which has now opened for nominations.
Member for Hinchinbrook, Andrew Cripps said the Queensland young Achiever Awards purpose is to acknowledge, encourage and more importantly promote the positive achievements of all young people up to the age of 29.
“We have so many young people doing a great deal to make our communities a better place to live, therefore I encourage individuals, businesses and community organisations and groups to nominate a great young role model who is making a real difference. It would be great to see the communities throughout the Hinchinbrook electorate well represented in these prestigious Awards”, Mr Cripps said.
Nominations in the following categories are made online at www.awardsaustralia.com and are open until Friday 29th January 2016.
- The Coffee Club – Arts and Fashion Award
- AustralianSuper – Career Kick Start Award
- IFly – Online Achievement and Sustainability Award
- BB Print – Leadership Award
- Kennelly Constructions – Aboriginal Achievement Award
- Access Community Services – Multicultural Youth Qld (MyQ) Cultural Diversity Award
- Wade sawmill – Environment & Sustainability Award
- The University of Queensland – Create Change Award
Nomination enquiry brochures are available from the Hinchinbrook electorate office. For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Awards office on 1300735445.